Problem with Free/Busy in Kontact HEAD with Kolab 1

Andreas Gungl Andreas.Gungl at osp-dd.de
Wed Sep 22 08:08:07 CEST 2004

Am Dienstag, 21. September 2004 13:07 schrieb Bo Thorsen:
> On Tuesday 21 September 2004 11:57, Andreas Gungl wrote:
> > Am Dienstag, 21. September 2004 11:49 schrieb Bo Thorsen:
> > > Jeopardy quoting, sorry.
> > >
> > > Andreas, you are hit by the check in KOrganizer that makes sure you
> > > can only download free/busy lists from a server that matches the
> > > domain of the email address you have. In this case, you try to
> > > download the fb list of gungl at osp-dd.de from dre.osp-dd.de, and the
> > > domains doesn't match.
> >
> > I'm not sure I understand correctly. For my understanding, osp-dd.de is
> > the domain while dre.osp-dd.de is the host providing the Kolab
> > server/services for domain osp-dd.de. I thought, the guess of machine
> > dre being part of domain osp-dd.de is valid.
>
> The code the patch uncomments makes a string comparison of the email
> domain with the server domain. And "osp-dd.de != dre.osp.dd.de". That's
> why it fails. The test could be patched up by checking with:
>
> if(email == domain || email.endswith(domain) || domain.endsWith(email))
>
> That would make a bit more sense, but the more general problem remains.

I thought about it once more and the remaining question is: why should I be
able at all to configure a "global" Retrieving of FB in KOrganizer if I
have to provide detailed info in the addressbook anyway?

I mean, given that an address someone at kde.org is a Kolab ID, then I never
would assume to have an FB URL like webdav://kde.org/... because in either
way you will need to specify a concrete host in this domain carrying the
Kolab server.

Andreas