Problem with Free/Busy in Kontact HEAD with Kolab 1

Andreas Gungl Andreas.Gungl at osp-dd.de
Tue Sep 21 10:33:26 CEST 2004

Am Dienstag, 21. September 2004 09:29 schrieb Bo Thorsen:
> On Tuesday 21 September 2004 09:08, Andreas Gungl wrote:
> > I'm doing some tests to prepare a switch from Kolab 1 to Kolab 2 and to
> > introduce Kontact as complete Kolab client.
> > However I have problems with handling the free/busy information.
> > Uploading the files works fine and I can see the files on the server
> > using Konqueror and the webdav protocoll. I can follow the uploading of
> > the files as well in the Apache access log on the Kolab server.
> >
> > However downloading free/busy information doesn't work. I can download
> > files using Konqueror, but KOrganizer gives me the  following output:

> > korganizer: KOEditorFreeBusy::reload()
> > korganizer: FreeBusyManager::retrieveFreeBusy(): gungl at osp-dd.de
> > kabc: StdAddressBook::self()
> > korganizer: FreeBusyManager::loadFreeBusy(): gungl at osp-dd.de
> > korganizer:
> > FreeBusyManager::loadFreeBusy()
> > /home/domino/.kde/share/apps/korganizer/freebusy/gungl at osp-dd.de.ifb
> > doesn't exist.
> > korganizer: FreeBusyManager::retrieveFreeBusy(): url:
> > korganizer: Invalid FB URL
> >
> > I have configured the sane protocoll, server and user for retrieving
> > the free/busy information as for publishing. I have tested with checked
> > and unchecked option "use full email address for retrieval".
> >
> > Can anyone give a comment on what might be wrong? BTW, I'm using a
> > kde-pim CVS snapshot from yesterday.
>
> What is the server domain? What did you put in the lineedits of the
> freebusy setup? Do you have an FB setting on this person in the
> kaddressbook entry or in the FB location setup of korganizer? And what
> URL do you use for accessing the FB list with konqueror?

Here we go:

On the publishing side:

General = Publish is checked, publish 60 days and min. 5 min between uploads
Server URL = webdav://dre.osp-dd.de/freebusy/gungl%40osp-dd.de.ifb
Username = gungl at osp-dd.de
PW = **** ;-)

On the retrieving side:

General = "Retrieve others ... automatically " is checked, "use full ..."
doesn't matter if checked or not
Server URL = webdav://dre.osp-dd.de/freebusy/
Username = mustermann at osp-dd.de
PW = **** ;-)

In Konqueror:

URL = webdav://dre.osp-dd.de/freebusy/
Files showing up = gungl at osp-dd.de.ifb mustermann at osp-dd.de.ifb
Both files are readable from within Konqueror, I can even modify them by
opening them in KWrite.

I don't know about another location setting in KOrganizer than the fields
mentioned above, sorry.
Important: the person gungl at osp-dd.de is _not_ in the addressbook, so it
doesn't have a FB URL set there. LDAP access however is configured, i.e. I
can see the person from within KMail and KOrganizer.

> The problem is that somehow the code decides to check locally instead of
> on the server, as you can see from the filename it tries to get. The
> question is, of course, why it would think this is the right place.
>
> Best guess: You have a different server domain than the email address you
> are trying to obtain the ifb file for.

Further observations I did after stumbling across your hint regarding the FB
setting in the addressbook, are:

- Having the user in the addressbook without FB setting changes nothing.
I.e. the FB download fails.

- Having the user in the addressbook _with_ FB setting allows the retrieval
of the FB file. (I used
webdav://dre.osp-dd.de/freebusy/gungl%40osp-dd.de.ifb for my example
above.)

- Collecting an address from LDAP into my addressbook seems to provide the
FB URL only for people which do have FB information uploaded. I write
"seems" because I cannot really verify this. At least it works this way
here.

Well, let me finally summarize my expectations how it should work:
- FB retrieval should work without FB setting in the addressbook by using
the default URL set in KOrganizer.
- FB settings in LDAP actually shouldn't be made automatically but only
intentionally in the frontend. Only this way one can be sure to have
consistent information when copying contacts from LDAP into the
addressbook. This would also avoid unintended overriding of the default URL
in KOrganizer by using any other LDAP server.

Regards,
Andreas