kolab and Mandrake 10.0

Stephen Hind s.hind at rwp.co.uk
Fri Sep 10 13:26:33 CEST 2004

My answers follow your questions - they only refer to Outlook as a client
though:

Yes we have implemented this at our organisation, using Outlook 2000 and the
Toltec Connector v1.8.  You need to purchase the Toltec Connector, but at a
very low cost: for more information and pricing go to
http://www.toltec.co.za/

> 2) Can I do it on Mandrake 10.0 with 'Kontact/KOrganiser'

Unfortunately I have not had opportunity to test this, but it would surprise
me if Kolab did not do this as this is the whole point of it.  I do believe
there are issues with Kontacts/Korganiser's Kolab compatibility: search this
mailing lists for more information.

> 3) Can I do this With Outlook Clients?

Yes you can: Outlook Calendar sharing, in my humble opinion (IMHO), works
perfectly.  We did not bother purchasing the Toltec LDAP Address Book as we
use the connector's Folder Sharing Capability to share Outlook's Contact
Folders/Lists.  I manage these contacts so the staff cannot delete anything
and I can update with any new arrivals/departures.  Our Admin staff can add
and manipulate appointments for any of their colleagues: what a wonderful
luxury.

I hope this helps (HTH)

Stephen Hind