cleanups and unique IDs.

Ira Abramov lists-kolab-users at ira.abramov.org
Tue Sep 7 14:06:14 CEST 2004

just starting to play with the server. I'm wondering if I was wrong to
skip 1 and install 2....

I defined a user Ira Abramov, Email "ira" and UID "ira", assuming the
Email domain set for the server is the default, but discovered it was
not the case. mail sent to ira at mydom.com is not delivered and I get a
bounce.

I edit the user to change the mail address and discover it is immutable
(WHY?), I instead delete the entire user.

After I remove the user I get "Awaiting cleanup" in the list of
users. I hit reload a few times and seeing that it's not some heavy
process but maybe some timeout. after a cup of coffee and it's still
"Awaiting cleanup" I go to check if there is a cron job I should know
about, but no such luck. a complete restart of the kolab daemons finally
gets rid of the entry. redefining the user complains that the UID still
exists even though it;s not on the list anymore, so I redefine it with a
different UID and it fains since the CN is not unique. Frustrated I go
back to the Users' list and find it WAS defind, AND with the new Email
address I requested.

did I leave something out here? I am supposed to deliver this system to
a client, but so far I can't even get through simple user definitions.
Should I pick Kolab1 instead for stability or are such basic issues also
affecting the stable release?

Thanks,
Ira.

--