Several Questions

Matt Douhan matt at fruitsalad.org
Wed Oct 27 16:42:17 CEST 2004

On Wed October 27 2004 16.05, Bradley Alexander wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm running Kolab2 as my mailserver, and have several questions.
>
> 1. Upgrades - When downloading the upgraded packages, are the upgrades
> pretty much transparent? I just run the obmtool and it installs the new
> packages over the old and the server just runs?

TO be safe I normally stop the server, run obmtool, start, kolabconf and
restart, I know there has been talks about adding kolabconf to the post
install scripts, maybe Steffen can enlighten us on the progress of that.

> 2. KDE apps - I am running KDE 3.3.0 on all of my Debian boxes. The apps
> have a Groupware or Kolab tab. Are the standard Debian apps acceptable for
> use with Kolab? Thus far, I have basic mail working, but the feature I
> really want is the shared calendar. In Kontact. In the korganizer settings,
> I have configured scheduler mails to be sent directly, under Group
> Automation, all are set to "If attendee is in addressbook" and under
> free/busy, I have set it to publish free/busy automatically, server url is
> mailserver.domain.org/freebusy/
>
> Yet meeting invites are apparently not getting sent. What am I missing
> here?

To work with Kolab2, you will need the proko2 version of Kontact in order to
get proper support, the standard 3.3 Kontact does not support the Kolab2 XML
format AFAIK

rgds

Matt

--