Shared contacts and calendar with kolab+aethera

Fabien Armand f.armand at atolcd.com
Tue Oct 26 10:58:36 CEST 2004

Selon darkalia <darkalia at free.fr>:

> >>So is there some other client on windows to share contacts and planning?
> >>

> >We are currently in a late phase to finish the Kolab 2 development. Actually
> >expect that we go into Beta state really soon.
> >
> >I know that the Toltec Connector 2 plugin for Outlook will support shared
> >contacts and shared calendars.
> >
> >Another really advanced Kolab 2 client is the Proko2 branch of KDE Kontact.
> >Kontact is currently limited to the X11 platform and you may use it together
> >with Cygwin on Windows.
> >
> >Last but not least there is the Kolab 2 webclient. Currently the webclient
> >needs most development. Actually we are in the process of trying to finc
> >funding for the development of the webclient.
> >
> >Regards,
> >

> Thanks a lot for the informations.
> My aim is to use an other program than outlook for the employees, so
> unfortunately on windows.
> I will be attentive to your work.
>
> >Hi Darkalia,
> >Please try to use the beta 1.1.1 available on our download location.
> >The release 1.1 has the Kolab support for calendar disabled :(
> >Contacts should work.
> >Thanks,
> >Eug
> >
> Nice, I will try it immediatly. Good work anyway for this soft. I hope
> it will replace outlook as fast as possible.

About your questions on the shared folders support on aethera:

First of all, if you would like to share a calendar or a contact or a note in
kolab 1, you have to use imap shared folder. Just create a folder "calendar",
which will appears as "user.calendar" in imap. Do not forget to subscribe to
the folder and to be in the acces control list (some command line could be used
to dialog with the server).

In aethera, to see a shared calendar or a contact calendar, your account have to
be a kolab account.
Use the functionnality "search for shared calendars" in plugin datebook
Use the functionnality "search for shared addressbooks" in plugin adressbook,
Use the functionnality "search for shared notes" in plugin notes.

This functionnality browse imap shared folders to find folders which contains
mail with vCard or calendar or notes. And those folders will appears in
aethera.

But if a shared imap folder is empty, it will not appears in aethera. Because we
could not determinate it type. First you could use a folder as your personnal
kolab folder. And after everyone could see the folder (remember
rights,subscribe,etc.)

I test it under windows with aethera 1.1 and kolab 1, and it works.
You could find some snapshots in aethera help, section groupware

Fabien Armand