Strange behavior of proko2

Andreas Gungl Andreas.Gungl at osp-dd.de
Wed Oct 13 20:06:49 CEST 2004

Am Mittwoch, 13. Oktober 2004 13:58 schrieb Stefan:
> Again: It's running fine on the other machine! Shall I simply copy the
> working system onto my broken office-configuration?
> I don't want to stress Till with a potential broken Linux system!

FYI, I've been using my regular Kolab 1 account with 3-4 different clients
(web frontend, KDE released, KDE HEAD, Toltec) in parallel. I never lost a
message (except when I accidently deleted a folder but that was my fault and
I was lucky to have a backup).
I'm currently running a Kolab 2 test account with the new web frontend,
Kontact from KDE 3.3.0 and Kontact development version (compiled from
sources). Everything is fine.

So please check your installations. It would also help a lot if you describe
step by step and in detail what you're actually doing. Try to provide a
console log (run Kontact from the command line). You might also want to check
the permissions of your HOME and subdirs. Running Kontact as root with your
KDEHOME set can be pretty dangerous.

Andreas