Strange behavior of proko2

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Wed Oct 13 03:31:36 CEST 2004

Am Mittwoch, 13. Oktober 2004 03:13 schrieb Stefan:

Hi Stefan,

> is willing to assist me! YEZZZZZZZ! I know, in the past, I misunderstood
> the principals of
> dimap :-(   ..........but, I want to be sure, I can use two machines with
> the same kolab instance.......or is this - again - against the concepts of
> dimap? Before I logged out, I did a sync on every folder, so the
> dimap-cache should be in sync with imapd and if I connect with the second
> machine, it should synchronize with it...........not???

For your understanding concurrent access from multiple Kolab clients to the
same account is totally within the Kolab2 design.

BTW: There is no need to sync every folder (maybe you are again
missunderstanding some issues). You simply download from the Kolab server to
your dIMAP resource and then the uploading is done in the same step.

I am afraid you somehow think that you have to "manually sync" the folders and
therefore you unintentionally abuse the "Troubleshoot IMAP Cache" (*)
dialog/menu.

Please don't do that as these options are only for troubleshooting!

Regards,
-- martin

President next year."
  -- Wally O'Dell - CEO of Diebold, Inc.