Strange behavior of proko2

Stefan stefan at organet.com
Wed Oct 13 03:13:00 CEST 2004

> > > Where did you create your folders? Are they subfolders of the INBOX?
> >
> > YEZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!! :-)
>
> Can you please check the ACLs on this folder?

It can't be a problem of ACLs, because.... I should state out my config:
I'm using two maschines on the same kolab instance. And I NEVER was logged
into it at the same time from both PCs!!!!! I wrote a script (perl is my
friend) which checked, if one or the other machine is logged into kolab, and
if so, wouldn't start kontact or kmail on the second machine, again!
My "home-notebook" runs fine and doesn't show the mentioned behavior, but my
"office-notebook" denies it's regular work. It deletes my whole INBOX-folder
at that (and only at that) time, when I delete a _single_ mail, regardless
which answer I choose in the mentioned error message!!
Again:
Both machines are IDENTICAL!!! Same hardware, same distro (debian sid), one is
a clone of the other (because I'm lazy :-)   ) both are running proko2 with
the same CVS-snapshot.
Okay, I could clone my "home-nb" onto my "office-nb" and I would see, what I
get, but I want to be sure ..........because, perhaps I'm not the only one,
who's using two machines with the same kolab instance! Tomorrrow....(german)
GRUMMEL.... today........I will take my "home-nb" with me into office and I'm
willing to test this scenario.......if someone is willing to assist me!
YEZZZZZZZ! I know, in the past, I misunderstood the principals of
dimap :-(   ..........but, I want to be sure, I can use two machines with the
same kolab instance.......or is this - again - against the concepts of dimap?
Before I logged out, I did a sync on every folder, so the dimap-cache should
be in sync with imapd and if I connect with the second machine, it should
synchronize with it...........not???

Bye
Stefan