How-to make running Kaddress book ? [solved partialy]

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Wed Oct 6 15:44:42 CEST 2004

On Wednesday 06 October 2004 09:55, Hervé Piedvache wrote:
> I saw that nobody give me any help about this ....

One day sometimes is not much in getting an answer from
a community mailing list. ;)

> but I think we have
> found a solution ... and it seems to be functionnal now with the IMAP
> protocole between Kmail, Kaddresbook and KOrganiser ....
> First question ... is it the best way or is there another way to make kolab
> running ? Just to understand if we have made the good choice ...

First: Always use Kontact with the Proko2 branch.
Second: Use the disconnected IMAP resources.
See the doc2.sxw for an upcoming documentation
no how to configure a KDE Kolab2 Client.
http://kolab.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs-kolab.cgi/doc/proko2-doc/doc3.sxw

> BUT ... (it couldn't be without a BUT ... )
> Now I have an other question with Privacy and the differents software ...
> now each element of a software (address for Kaddressbook, or an appointment
> with KOrganizer) are visible for each members of the Kolab server ... even
> if you decide to defined an Address "Confidential" or "Private" ...
> So why ? And is there a solution for this point ?

Usually you would enable groupware folder in one user account,
this is private by default.

If you want to share a subfolder, just create one and then
you can use the right click menu to give out access permissions.

> Is there also a solution to see the owner of an appointment directly in
> Korganizer ?

As far as I know there no such possibility.