Kolab2 and Free/Busy - the big picture

Andreas Gungl Andreas.Gungl at osp-dd.de
Mon Oct 4 09:07:42 CEST 2004

Am Freitag, 1. Oktober 2004 23:28 schrieb Martin Konold:
> Am Freitag, 1. Oktober 2004 11:54 schrieb Andreas Gungl:
>
> Hi Andreas,
>
> > However I wonder, what the big picture of free/busy on Kolab 2 is.
>
> We are currently working heavily on the fb stuff in Kolab2. Please be
> patient and wait some days.
>
> Basically we will generate the fbs on the server without the need to
> upload them.
>
> This is done in order to allow more complex calendar structures. E.g.
> user calendar and group calendar both contributing to a users fb....

Well, I can imagine that some people want to upload fb info onto the server
without being forced to store their calendar in IMAP.
So I would still like to know how the pieces of the puzzle look like after
being put together. In particular, details like looking for files <uid>.xfb
in the Free/Busy View but generating files <primary-email>.ifb for
ressources increase the confusion.

But you're right. Take the time you need to work on the fb stuff. I'm gonna
wait for updated packages on the mirror before I gonna start a new test
cycle.

Andreas