IMAP Calendar and IMAP Address Book / LDAP

Fabien Armand f.armand at atolcd.com
Wed Nov 17 15:27:53 CET 2004

Selon kael <ubi.quito.us.kael at gmail.com>:

> On 16.11.2004 08:32, Andreas Gungl wrote:
>
> > Kontact from KDE 3.3.2 doesn't support Kolab2 ressources, you can only use
> > it together with a Kolab1 server.
> > So you have touse HEAD or the proko2 branch to make it really work with
> > Kolab2.
>
> I installed Kolab 1. But I haven't been able to compile Kontact.
> After $ tar jxvf kde-i18n-kroupware-1.0.2.tar.bz2 I can't find where are
> the packages and don't know where to mrun ./configure, make and
> makeinstall :-/ (The difficult Linux newbie condition).
>
> > AFAIK no mozilla program supports the IMAP based calendar storage in
> > Kolab(1/2).
>
> It really should !!! ;-) Time to build http://mozdev.org project ?
>
> > AFAICT Aethera does only support the Kolab1 storage format. Maybe changes
> > are on the way. it would be good to have another client ready for Kolab2.
>
> I finally installed Aethera with a former version and it works ! Folders
> INBOX/Calendar, etc are created but if I open them with Thunderbird
> nothing is in. Where are the vCard and vCalendar hidden ? Aren't they in
> those folders ?

For Aethera with kolab 1, if you keep default configuration and default kolab
folders

vCard should be in INBOX/Contacts
vCalendar should be in INBOX/Calendar and INBOX/Tasks
and notes should be in INBOX/Notes

Physically, they are represented as multi-part MIME emails.

You should test: create an event in aethera, and take look in your
INBOX/Calendar to see if you have a message. You should be able to see a mail
with a text in vCal form or an attached vCal file

Fabien