IMAP Calendar and IMAP Address Book / LDAP

kael ubi.quito.us.kael at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 12:36:47 CET 2004

On 15.11.2004 18:50, alex wrote:

> Thunderbird doesn't support kolab yet.

How difficult would it be to build a _Kolab extension_ for
Mozilla/Thunderbird ? I'm not a programmer but if I could learn and help
it could be great.

Kolab is a great server and I wish I could use it with Thunderbird as a
Kolab server, not only as a classic IMAP server.

> KDE supports kolab if you download what is specified at the kroupware
> site. Are you using kolab1 or kolab2. If you are using v2, then install
> proko2 as the client for full functionality.

I run Kolab 1 downloaded from
ftp://ftp.zfos.org/brew/kolab/BIN/kolab-1.0.14-20031126/ix86-redhat9.

> For Thunderbird:
>
> Example user and server:
> user: johndoe at yourdomain.org
> server: kolabsvr.yourdomain.org
>
> Name: MyLDAP
> Server:  kolabsvr.yourdomain.org
> BaseDn:  dc=yourdomain, dc=org
> Port Number: 389 (default)
> BindDn: uid=johndoe at yourdomain.org, dc=kolabsv, dc=yourdomain, dc=org

Unfortunately, I can't configure the LDAP client with that settings. I
managed them with Berhard method and it has worked. But I'd like to set
them up for external query.

In /kolab/etc/kolab/kolab.conf there's
base ds: dc=example
base dn: adminusername,dc=example.

Also, how could I import address books to the Kolab server. Should I
write all vCards manually ?

Thank you very much.

--
kael