IMAP Calendar and IMAP Address Book / LDAP

Andreas Gungl Andreas.Gungl at osp-dd.de
Tue Nov 16 08:32:25 CET 2004

Am Montag, 15. November 2004 18:23 schrieb Gustavo Michels:
> Em Monday 15 November 2004 15:18, kael escreveu:
> > I tried to use Aethera with my Kolab server but it crahes down at the
> > end of the settings configuration. And with Kmail I haven't been able
> > to connect to the server with special IMAP folders (address book,
> > calendars, etc.) - I have probably missed something.
>
> For kontact to work with the latest kolab packages, you will need a
> recent HEAD or proko2 branch cvs source of kdepim and compile it. I read
> on the (devel?) mailing list that HEAD is already a full kolab client, so
> probably kontact in kde 3.3.2 will be also.

Kontact from KDE 3.3.2 doesn't support Kolab2 ressources, you can only use
it together with a Kolab1 server.
So you have touse HEAD or the proko2 branch to make it really work with
Kolab2.

AFAIK no mozilla program supports the IMAP based calendar storage in
Kolab(1/2). Webdav can be used to store and read free/busy information, but
storing is getting to be difficult because Kolab2 is getting server-side
free/busy generation. I'm unsure about how toconfigure an account so that
this generation is off (and you can then put your own generated free/busy
data onto the server).

AFAICT Aethera does only support the Kolab1 storage format. Maybe changes
are on the way. it would be good to have another client ready for Kolab2.

Regards,
Andreas