Kolab Bootstrap : Managing Hostname and Domain Name [Localhost]

kael ubi.quito.us.kael at gmail.com
Sat Nov 13 18:42:52 CET 2004

Hello,

When running '/kolab/etc/kolab/kolab_bootstrap -b', what should I write
  in 'Hostname' and 'Domain Name' for a localhost use ? I made a mistake
and now I cannot fix it.

Precisely, I would like to finally access to the server via
<imap://localhost:143> and <imap://example:143> (and on port 993 for SSL).

The servers seem to run - telnetting Cyrus successes, but with my
mistake, I'm currently unable to connect to the WebAdmin. Trying to
connect to https://kolabserver.localhost/admin or
https://kolabserver.example/admin fails and connecting to http://example
and to http://localhost finally redirects the url to http://example.ca. :-k

I tried to manage the /etc/hosts and /kolab/etc/apache/apache.vhost
files but it didn't work.

How could I fix it ? I thank you very much for your help.

Cheers.

--
kael

Les pieds sur Terre et la tête dans les étoiles