Toltec and Inbox

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Fri Nov 12 16:36:03 CET 2004

On Friday 12 November 2004 06:55, Stephan Buys wrote:
> On Thursday 11 November 2004 20:01, Martin Honermeyer wrote:

> > How are we supposed to handle the INBOX, as Toltec makes up its own INBOX
> > below the real one. We would use Kontact (IMAP) on the real INBOX, but
> > people using Outlook/Toltec (with POP3) would fetch all mails into the
> > sub-ordinate INBOX folder.
>
> I might be wrong with this but as I understand concensus has been reached
> that all Kolab clients will use INBOX/Inbox as their inbox and not the
> default Cyrus one. The latest Kolab2 packages might support this but I am
> unsure of the status. You should checkout the format and devel mailing
> lists for more details.

Actually for Kolab2 we cannot design around that Outlook limitation
where we can accept and send invitation iCal mails via pop.
Thus the incoming directory shall not be accessed via imap from Outlook.

For the problem of several readers on a group account, we do have a
solution now in place with the latest packages:
     - Users with KDE do not have a problem.
    - OL users with permissions of a group account can enable email delivery
      on the server. This will transport non-ical email to one folder of choice
     and thus several people can seem them right away.
    - OL users with the ability to accept, register and send invitations
      must share the pop3 password for the group account as workaround
      and switch the identify (e.g. by using a different OL profile.)