Problems installing on FC2

Elvis elvislives at gmx.net
Thu Nov 11 11:55:26 CET 2004

Stephan Buys wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My guess is your problems is that perl is not being built on FC2. Are you
> trying to install Kolab1 or 2?
>
> You will see if you look at the openpkg-perl log file in /tmp/ that there are
> some header files missing. You need to copy these onto your machine
> from another distro and try to get perl to compile.
>
> As far as the kolab-resource handlers are concerned please make sure
> that in the obmtool.conf the lines:
>     plusloc='+'
>     altloc='='
>
> Are set to:
>     plusloc='./'
>     altloc='./'
>
> (or the path to your kolab-resource... file.
>
> Also check in the obmtool.conf on the line:
> @install ${altloc}kolab-resource-handlers-0.3.9-20041109
>
> That is the one that you downloaded.

I think you are right Stephan, I tried to build perl manually (cd
/kolab/RPM/SRC/perl; /kolab/ibexex/openpkg/rpm -bb perl.spec) and it
failed.
I did not have a openpkg-perl  in /tmp, although I did have
obmtool-perl-5.8.4-2.1.0.rebuild.log, I have no clue what to look for in
this file, but I did see a couple of errors

Can't open cxx_common.h: No such file or directory
Can't open cxx_except.h: No such file or directory

Are these the headers you were talking about?

At the end of the file is:

error: Bad exit status from /kolab/RPM/TMP/rpm-tmp.80492 (%install)

RPM build errors:
     Bad exit status from /kolab/RPM/TMP/rpm-tmp.80492 (%install)

I have plusloc and altloc ='./' and also kolab-resource-handlers is the
same in obmtool.conf and the downloaded file.

I do not have any other distros available, should I try to install perl
with apt on the fedora system so that the dependencies are solved?

Thanks for the help,