Too much connections : Imap auth fails => Answer to mysef

Michael Harlaut m.harlaut at atolcd.com
Thu Nov 4 20:43:47 CET 2004

Michael Harlaut a écrit :

>kolab <notice> imap[32014]: cannot create socket for saslauthd:
> Too many open files

I modified the /kolab/etc/kolab/templates/imapd.conf.template by
commenting all the lines following :

#ldap_uri:               @@@user_ldap_uri@@@
#ldap_base:              @@@base_dn@@@
#ldap_bind_dn:           @@@php_dn@@@
#ldap_password:          @@@php_pw@@@
#ldap_time_limit:        15

I also modified the virtdomain parameter to
virtdomains:            userid

Cyrus is no longer trying to open a new connections to localhost for
each userid it needs to lookup.
Am I wrong or does it connect to the LDAP server *for each message it
"touch"* ?
It sounds like if I calcultate well ... (ooops !)

I currently do not understood this LDAP connection need when using
saslauthd on a other hand.

Someone to explain ?

Thanxs,

--