Error is error log

Stephen Hind s.hind at rwp.co.uk
Fri May 21 15:54:42 CEST 2004

On my MandrakeLinux system (your system may differ) the mails are stored in
/var/spool/imap/user/username so your should be /var/spool/imap/user/denis

Each mail has a file, the file name being a number followed by a dot, eg 1.
2. 3. and so on.  These files are plain text so if you run the command
less /var/spool/imap/user/username/1.
less will display the text of the mail, complete with headers.

What you should see in the log is "status=sent" instead of "status=bounced"
so I imagine there must be something in the log to say what's happened.  On
MandrakeLinux 10.0 Official the logs seem to be combined.  For me to see
what's happening to the mail, where it's getting sent to/bounced etc. I use
the following command (the location of your logs may differ):

tail -f /var/log/mail/info

That command is what I found the most useful.

Hope this helps

Stephen