Kolab accepting SMTP connections

Denis Croombs denis at just-servers.co.uk
Thu May 20 22:44:39 CEST 2004

> >> Is your MX record pointing to the new SMTP server?
> >>
> > Yes, below is the error I am getting:-
> >
> >   ----- Transcript of session follows -----
> > 451 4.4.1 reply: read error from office.rdcredits.co.uk.
> > <denis at testsite.co.uk>... Deferred: Connection reset by testsite.co.uk.
> > Warning: message still undelivered after 4 hours
> > Will keep trying until message is 5 days old
>
> how many times did you try ? Can you reproduce this error?
> It appears like it never gets to talk to postfix, but that the
> connection is closed

I have tried over 10 times during the last 24 hours, I have even tried  to
telnet the connection and got the output below :-

[root at tasmin3 root]# telnet testsite.co.uk 25
Trying 217.41.99.29...
Connected to xxxxx.in-addr.btopenworld.com (xxxxxxxxxx).
Escape character is '^]'.
220 testsite.co.uk ESMTP Postfix

I have tried this both remotely and local to the system.

Thanks

Denis

believed to be clean.

Marvin the E-Mail scanner