Kolab not sending External Mails

Stephen Hind s.hind at rwp.co.uk
Thu May 13 11:08:44 CEST 2004

Excellent the fetchmail works a treat!  Thanks for that!

Now for sending:
I know postfix is working properly now as I have found the log.  and
whenever I send a mail the log says it is sent OK, to quote "status=sent
(250 2.1.5 Ok)".

I now know why the mails do not reach the internet recipient as the server
the mail goes to responds:
"Sender domain must exist (in reply to MAIL FROM command)"

I presume this happens as I'm not using a FQDN as I don't have one.  Can I
use my public IP address?  When I try to use the public IP address as the
Mail Domain I can't send any mails at all.  Postfix says I have "Bad Syntax"
in my client's address settings.

Any further ideas would be appreciated, and Many thanks for the help so far.

Stephen Hind