Problem bootstrapping on SuSE 9.1

Thomas Lotterer thl at dev.de.cw.com
Wed May 12 08:42:49 CEST 2004

On Wed, May 12, 2004, hftdhfdh wrote:

John,

> I've tried searching for an answer on the web and newsgroups- sorry if
> I missed it...
>
> When bootstrapping OpenPKG 2.0 as
> "sh openpkg-2.0.0-2.0.0.src.sh  --prefix=/kolab
> --user=kolab > bootstrap.log"
> I end up with two errors. [libpthread _errno]

this is an OpenPKG issue unrelated to Kolab. OpenPKG 2.0 was released
before SuSE 9.1, so it was only tested on SuSE 8.2 and SuSE 9.0. In
fact, the OpenPKG developers are still waiting for a copy of SuSE 9.1
[1] which should get installed into the OpenPKG build farm this week
for porting the next OpenPKG release. In the meantime you can try some
things on your own while keeping an eye on the openpkg.spec progress
[4]:

- remove SuSE pthread package before building
- try latest openpkg-2.0.x [2]
- try current openpkg-2004... [3]

[1] http://cvs.openpkg.org/chngview?cn=16912
[2] ftp://ftp.openpkg.org/release/2.0/UPD/
[3] ftp://ftp.openpkg.org/current/SRC/
[4] http://cvs.openpkg.org/rlog?f=openpkg-src/openpkg/openpkg.spec

--
Thomas.Lotterer at cw.com, Cable & Wireless