kolab2dist conversion

Richard Bos radoeka at xs4all.nl
Sat May 8 00:16:59 CEST 2004

Hello,

I have been working on a script that adapts the paths in kolab's template
files, and some executables.  The script is a beginning to adapt kolab to
your distributor's apache, openldap, cyrus, etc application paths.  Hopefully
it is usefull for some.  It is of course not sufficient to adapt the files
and paths names only to have it running on other distribution.

The tarred script can be found at:
http://linux01.gwdg.de/apt4rpm/kolab/

It must be installed in the kolab directory that holds the files: kolab.spec,
Makefile,  rc.kolab among other.  Unpack the tarball in this directory.

If the script is executed without arguments the processed files are configured
to be used with the openpkg distribution.  The following files are processed:

kolab/kolab_bootstrap
kolab/workaround.sh
kolab/httpd.conf.template
kolab/main.cf.template
kolab/slapd.conf.template
kolab/proftpd.conf.template
kolab/kolabd
kolab/cyrus.conf.template
kolab/imapd.conf.template
kolab/kolab_sslcert.sh
kolab/legacy.conf.template
kolab/amavisd.conf.template
kolab/clamav.conf.template
Replacing bin-, sbin and etc/kolab directories

At the moment the following config files are available:

kolab> ./kolab2dist --show-dist
autotools  mandrake  suse

The definitions may not be accurate and the results should be checked
carefully!

The information for the mandrake configuration file has been taken from the
Mandrake rpm spec file.  So it should be possible to replace a big part of
that spec file by this script ;)

What I basically did is, to specify variables for all the files and paths that
are listed in the Mandrake kolab spec file.  The variables are defined
initially to support the openpkg distribution.  However with the --dist
argument a configuration file is sourced in overwriting the variables.

The configuration file template can be obtained with --template:

kolab> ./kolab2dist --template
#BEGIN#####################################################################
#                                                                         #
# Define variables that are derived from the autools package              #
#                                                                         #

[skipped]

emailserver_socket=
emailserver_confdir=
emailserver_imapdir=
emailserver_imapspooldir=
emailserver_sievedir=
emailserver_sasl_conffile=
emailserver_usr=
emailserver_grp=
emailserver_mail_usr=

[skipped]

Now fill in the template and run the script and the kolab is adapted....

I'm curious to know whether the script is usefull for some.  There are of
course still bugs in it, among them some paths that are probably missed.
However, as said in the beginning it is a start....  Let me know the
errors ;)

--
Richard Bos
Without a home the journey is endless