Upgraded kolab, still not delivering to imap

Bradley Alexander storm at tux.org
Tue Mar 30 18:14:47 CEST 2004

On Tue, 30 Mar 2004 10:14:07 +0200
Bernhard Reiter <bernhard at intevation.de> wrote:

> On Tuesday 30 March 2004 03:04, Bradley Alexander wrote:
>
> > Mail comes in, and is processed by postfix. Assuming it is a valid user,
> > it should be handed off to lmtp, which has a socket in
> > /kolab/var/kolab/lmtp. At this point, this socket directs it to kolab's
> > cyrus installation, which then makes it available for the imap user to log
> > in and get the mail. Now, this works if the user _does_not_ have an
> > account on the mailserver, correct? What happens if the user does have an
> > account? Does postfix then automatically deliver it to /var/mail? Could
> > this be my problem? Is there a way to disable email without disabling the
> > account?
>
> You might want to check the postfix logs,
> it should tell you where the emails goes.
> Also the postfix documentation should give you an idea
> where the email should go.

Would it work to change the line in master.cf from

local     unix  -       n       n       -       -       local

local     unix  -       n       n       -       -       lmtp

?

That seems to be a bit of a brute force method when finesse seems to be called for.

--
--Brad
Bradley M. Alexander                |