Upgraded kolab, still not delivering to imap

Bradley Alexander storm at tux.org
Tue Mar 30 03:04:21 CEST 2004

Hey,

I upgraded to the zfos OpenPKG 2.0.0 release. Since things were not
working, I blew away my OpenPKG 1.3 installation and installed fresh. No
problems on the install, got it configured, got users added and am ready to roll.

Once again, I have the problem of mail getting to the box and just getting
dumped in /var/mail/storm, rather than being processed by lmtp and put
into the imap pipeline. I'm trying to get my brain around it, since I have
never run/managed imap, only pop3...So please bear with me.

I'm trying to work through how the pieces of Kolab fit together.
Hopefully, one of you kind souls will show me where I'm going wrong.

Mail comes in, and is processed by postfix. Assuming it is a valid user,
it should be handed off to lmtp, which has a socket in
/kolab/var/kolab/lmtp. At this point, this socket directs it to kolab's
cyrus installation, which then makes it available for the imap user to log
in and get the mail. Now, this works if the user _does_not_ have an
account on the mailserver, correct? What happens if the user does have an
account? Does postfix then automatically deliver it to /var/mail? Could
this be my problem? Is there a way to disable email without disabling the account?

Thoughts?

Thanks,
--
--Brad