Yet Another Mail Client Problem... :-(

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Tue Jun 29 16:07:25 CEST 2004

On Friday 25 June 2004 12:34, Luca Villani wrote:
> I'm going in trouble looking for a packaged/packageable linux mail client.

> I *need* a prepackaged client, because in the initial testing round I will
> move on kolab about 50 users, almost all running Mandrake 10, almost all
> other running Fedora Core 2 and one running Debian testing: simply, I can
> not downgrade KDE to 3.1 and build client from sources, 50 workstation is
> too many for this approach.
> For other reason, I don't downgrade all of them to Mandrake 9.2.

You can do, what we do here sometimes:
Build the client once per platform and then just roll out the tarball
from the directory you have installed in (like /usr/local/koab-kolab).

> Well, it don't work: my own prepackaged kontact seem don't handle all kolab
> features except from IMAP e-mail retrieving: I had done a test with a
> simple kalendar appointment, but receiver see the requesting e-mail like
> this:
>

> 	Organizer: kolab2 at groupware.wired
> 	Sommario: ttt
> 	Data di inizio: 25/6/2004
> 	Ora di inizio: 18:00
> 	Data di fine: 25/6/2004
> 	Ora di fine: 18:15
> 	Dettagli:
> 	qqq
>
> 	BEGIN:VCALENDAR

This is not the raw email, so nobody can say if this is correct or not.
If you attach an email, please attached the relevant parts completely with
headers and everything.

> Yes, receiver see all this text, and not see any link regarding accepting
> or discarding appointment...
>
> Now, I don't know if kontact is misconfigured, or if it has no kolab
> support built in it:

Did you configure the resources in Kcontrol and activated groupware
and KMail and KOrganizer for Kontact?

>  I get kde source from
> 	ftp://ftp.kde.org/pub/kde/stable/3.2.3/src
> are there another source?

Currently clients for Kolab2 are only in KDE CVS head.
Some of them are alpha quality, but usable for initial testing.