Is it safe to use the following on a production systemrunning Redhat Enterprise 3.0

Denis Croombs denis at just-servers.co.uk
Thu Jun 17 23:21:26 CEST 2004

> DC> Redhat
> >> > > >

> >> ftp://ftp.zfos.org/brew/kolab/BIN/kolab-20040217-2.0.0/ix86-rhel3/

> DC> and

> DC> was

> >> Cool.. I'll try this then.... Did you install the RPM's direct.. or are
> DC> there
> >> instructions in the README file... (wget not got there yet) ?
> >>
> DC> I just downloaded it using ncftp to get all the files, then used
"obmtool
> DC> kolab" to install which worked with no errors, ten did the bootstrap
as
> DC> outlined and it worked !
> DC> I am just concerned in case there are know problems with this version
!

> Today I tried to get Kolab running on RHEL3, but no luck, again perl
> complains in /var/log/messages: 'no worthy mechs'...
>
> DC> Regards
>
> DC> Denis Croombs
I must admit I have just built a new system and am getting these messages in
/var/log/messages
Jun 17 15:22:39 office kolabd[25406]: Kolab is starting up
Jun 17 15:22:39 office perl: No worthy mechs found
Jun 17 15:23:45 office perl: No worthy mechs found
Jun 17 15:23:56 office perl: No worthy mechs found
Jun 17 15:23:56 office kolabd[25412]: Y Warning: Unable to create mailbox
`user/denis.croombs at testsite.co.uk', Error = `Permission denied'
Jun 17 15:25:24 office perl: No worthy mechs found

Any clues as to how to solve this ?

Regards

Denis

---