ldap, sasl problem during boot_strap

Mathieu Blondel mblondel at nemo.ffworld.com
Wed Jun 16 11:41:07 CEST 2004

Hi,

first of all, thanks to everyone for helping :)

Based on Alexandre's experience, I've decided to set up a fresh installed
Mandrake 10.0 from CD (not just an update). Everything worked like a charm
indeed ! Ouahh !

Now I'm enjoying testing Kolab on my laptop but I will have to solve my
problem soon because I will not be able to install a new fresh Mandrake on
the production server. The good point is I will be able to compare both
configurations now.

Here are some details. nemo is my laptop (where everything is working fine)
and bob is the production server (where I encounter ldap problems)

It seems you were absolutely right Alexandre and Martin. Now I will continue
to test kolab features on my laptop but I will try to update this on bob in
the next few days. I will send an email to inform you. Maybe my experience
can help others.

BTW, bob is Mandrake9.2 but I had also tested Kolab on my personal computer
which was an up to date Mandrake10. But it was an upgraded Mandrake (from 9.2
from 10). I guess Mandrake 10 is now installing kernel 2.6 and nptl support
by default. My PC is kernel 2.4.

[root at nemo mathieu]# cat /etc/mandrake-release ; cat /proc/version ; getconf
GNU_LIBPTHREAD_VERSION
Mandrake Linux release 10.0 (Official) for i586
Linux version 2.6.3-7mdk (nplanel at n3.mandrakesoft.com) (gcc version 3.3.2
(Mandrake Linux 10.0 3.3.2-6mdk)) #1 Wed Mar 17 15:56:42 CET 2004
NPTL 0.60

[root at bob root]# cat /etc/mandrake-release ; cat /proc/version ; getconf
GNU_LIBPTHREAD_VERSION
Mandrake Linux release 10.0 (Official) for i586
Linux version 2.4.22-10mdk (nplanel at no.mandrakesoft.com) (gcc version 3.3.1
(Mandrake Linux 9.2 3.3.1-2mdk)) #1 Thu Sep 18 12:30:58 CEST 2003
linuxthreads-0.10

[root at nemo mathieu]# cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor       : 0
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 15
model           : 1
model name      : Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1.70GHz
stepping        : 3
cpu MHz         : 1693.254
cache size      : 128 KB
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : no
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 2
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat
pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm
bogomips        : 3358.72

[root at bob root]# cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor       : 0
vendor_id       : AuthenticAMD
cpu family      : 6
model           : 8
model name      : AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2200+
stepping        : 1
cpu MHz         : 1798.544
cache size      : 256 KB
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : no
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 1
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca
cmov pat pse36 mmx fxsr sse syscall mmxext 3dnowext 3dnow
bogomips        : 3578.26

[root at nemo mathieu]# rpm -qa | grep ldap
perl-ldap-0.31-2mdk
openldap-2.1.25-6mdk
apache2-mod_ldap-2.0.48-6.2.100mdk
openldap-servers-2.1.25-6mdk