How to configure Kolab?

Helge Hielscher hhielscher at unternehmen.com
Tue Jun 15 16:46:03 CEST 2004

Hello,

how do I configure the kolab server? The installation was easy thanks to
mandrake, but when I want to add a virtual host in /etc/postfix/virtual I
have to read
# this file is automatically written by the Kolab config backend
# manual additions are lost unless made to the template in the Kolab config directory

Reading the documentation of Kolab I found out that the configuration is
stored inside the LDAP Server. But how do I change the information there?
I have tried to log into the ldap server using phpLDAPAdmin, but it tells
me:
"Could not find a user 'manager'" and "Could not find a user 'root'".

When I try to use the openldap module of webmin I get:
Error - Perl execution failed
Can't locate object method "input_line_number" via package "IO::Handle" at
./parse_slapd_conf.pl line 381,  line 40

2nd question: how do I share folders between different users

3rd question: how do I configure the sieve filters? "sieveshell localhost"
gives me: "unable to connect to server at /usr/bin/sieveshell line 174,
<STDIN> line 1."

4th question: maybe there is some good documentation or howto that covers
all my questions (plus is understandable for people like me)?

TIA and Regards,
Helge