ldap, sasl problem during boot_strap

Mathieu Blondel mblondel at cerdd.org
Fri Jun 11 12:29:59 CEST 2004

Thanks you very much for your help Alex. But it didn't work.

Generally speaking, I don't like to use drakwizard so I didn't know there
was a graphical install for kolab !

I have removed every service (kolab-server,openldap-servers,cyrus-imad,etc).
Then I defined my domainname as you said. After, I launched drakwizard from
a console so I could see what was done by the program.

The program also launched kolab_bootstrap script as I did manually. But it
outputed exactly the same log as when I setted up kolab-server by myself. In
a way I'm happy because I wouldn't have understood if the graphical
installation had worked !

My problem seems to be different from the one you encountered. The script
cannot create the default entries/objects needed in ldap server. So either I
have a database problem either I have a sasl problem I think.

Here is an extract of my syslog when kolab_bootstrap is executed :
Jun 11 12:24:50 lune slapd[9737]: bdb_initialize: Sleepycat Software:
Berkeley DB 4.2.52: (March 25, 2004)
Jun 11 12:24:50 lune slapd[9738]: ldbm: ==> unable to initialize mutex:
Function not implemented
Jun 11 12:24:50 lune slapd[9738]: ldbm: ==> process-private: unable to
initialize environment lock: Function not implemented
Jun 11 12:24:50 lune slapd[9738]: ldbm_initialize_env(): FATAL error in
dbEnv->open() : Function not implemented (38)
Jun 11 12:24:54 lune kolab[9747]: kolab initialization starts

My Mandrake box is up to date as I ran urpmi --auto-select this morning.
I've tried to set "bdb" for "database" option is slapd.conf but when I do
so, the sladp daemon does not start.

Are you using ldbm database ? If so, do you have .dbb files in your
/var/lib/ldap directory ?

Can you show me you sasl conf in /etc/ ?

Thanks.
Mathieu