Kolab's LDAP to authenticate sessions

Gustavo Michels gustavo.michels at ig.com.br
Thu Jun 10 02:55:27 CEST 2004

Hi all

Is there a way to use Kolab's OpenLDAP server to authenticate user sessions?

What I am looking for is similar to the integration found in MS Active
Directory and MS Exchange. I would like to create an user in Kolab's web
admin interface, then the user will automatically be able to login from any
workstation which is setup to authenticate against LDAP (pam_ldap, nss_ldap,
getent passwd returns the users in LDAP, etc), have his mailbox created and
so on.

If this is not possible, is there a way to integrate another ldap server into
Kolab for doing this? Any ideas on how to setup this scenario?

Regards
Gustavo