Outlook 98 and FreeBusy revisited

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Mon Jun 7 16:22:06 CEST 2004

On Thursday 03 June 2004 19:57, Delmer Wells wrote:
> I've installed Kolab Version cf-1.0.4 using RPMs on RedHat 9.  I'm using
> Outlook 98. (FWIW I am using the Toltec connector as well -- it does not
> appear to be related to this problem.)
>
> I've followed Timotheus Pokorra's instructions for making free/busy work
> and most all is well.
>
> Mr. Pokorra suggests using (and I've modified this for our company) as the
> "Publish at this URL" and "Search at this URL" the string:
> ftp://freebusy:freebusy@kolab.vanner.com/%NAME%.vfb
>
> I am able to publish to this URL without problem; when I look on the server
> I find all the .vfb files I expect.  The search, however, doesn't work; I
> cannot draw freebusy info from the kolab box.  To get around this I'm using
> another linux-based FTP server we have here.  I am able to Publish and
> Search at:
>
> ftp://freebusy:freebusy@192.168.172.3/public_html/%NAME%.vfb
>
> So. Everything is working well enough so long as I use a second server for
> freebusy.  I can work with this, but the anal-retentive part of me would
> like everything to happen on the same server.
>
> I've played around with the string on the Kolab box using the server name,
> the IP address, the path to the .vfb files etc.  Nothing has worked thus
> far.  The Publish To and Search strings are a cut & paste of one another.

When I tested it the last time with OL2000 it had to be a different string for searching
and publishing.
Searching was done at: http://freebusy:freebusy@kolabserver/freebusy/%NAME%.vfb,
note the "/freebusy/" part of the this URL, which is not necessary for the ftp.
There is a Germany mini-howto how to configure Kolab/OL2000/Bynari
which has this line at:
	http://intevation.de/cgi-bin/viewcvs-kolab.cgi/doc/raw-howtos/neuen-nt-user-einrichten.txt