I need MySQL Support in PHP

Andreas Ahlenstorf andreas.ahlenstorf at sopic.com
Sat Jun 5 20:59:57 CEST 2004

> If I compile the PHP new, I have to compile the apache, too.

As far as I can remember you have either to recompile PHP or to
recompile Apache. The Apache RPM contains mod_php, so if you use
mod_php, you have to recompile the Apache RPM. The PHP RPM
generates only the CGI version. If you use the CGI version, you
don't have to recompile Apache. But where's the problem at all?

If you don't need the MySQL support for Kolab, why don't you
separate the two things? Then you don't have to worry about
recompiling anything. Just bind the httpd to another IP or use
mod_proxy.

     - Andreas Ahlenstorf