Outlook 98 and FreeBusy revisited

Delmer Wells delmerw at vanner.com
Thu Jun 3 19:57:53 CEST 2004

I've installed Kolab Version cf-1.0.4 using RPMs on RedHat 9.  I'm using
Outlook 98. (FWIW I am using the Toltec connector as well -- it does not
appear to be related to this problem.)

I've followed Timotheus Pokorra's instructions for making free/busy work and
most all is well.

Mr. Pokorra suggests using (and I've modified this for our company) as the
"Publish at this URL" and "Search at this URL" the string:
ftp://freebusy:freebusy@kolab.vanner.com/%NAME%.vfb

I am able to publish to this URL without problem; when I look on the server
I find all the .vfb files I expect.  The search, however, doesn't work; I
cannot draw freebusy info from the kolab box.  To get around this I'm using
another linux-based FTP server we have here.  I am able to Publish and
Search at:

ftp://freebusy:freebusy@192.168.172.3/public_html/%NAME%.vfb

So. Everything is working well enough so long as I use a second server for
freebusy.  I can work with this, but the anal-retentive part of me would
like everything to happen on the same server.

I've played around with the string on the Kolab box using the server name,
the IP address, the path to the .vfb files etc.  Nothing has worked thus
far.  The Publish To and Search strings are a cut & paste of one another.

Off the top of your head -- that is, without putting too much thinking time
into this -- does anybody have an idea what could be causing Outlook to not
read the .vfb files from the Kolab box?

Thanks in advance.