Unable to Send Mail Using Outlook 2000 outside of our Network

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Thu Jul 29 23:01:03 CEST 2004

Am Donnerstag, 29. Juli 2004 17:51 schrieb Stephen Hind:

Hi,

> user uses Outlook 2000 and postfix rejects the message as a " Recipient
> address rejected...554".

This means that OL2000 tries to send mail as an unauthenticated user and
Kolab / Postfix denies this because the sending IP is not trusted. (Could be
a spammer)

> The only explanation I can see for this is that the authentication is not
> working.

Yes! Please don't use the OL "secure" password option. Please also remember
that you must use the full email address (including the domain) as the
username if you are using a genuine Kolab server but not the Mandrake server.

> still. Has anyone else got any ideas?

Connect from the OL2000 using IE to the Kolab Server. If you did not replace
the self-signed certificate you must import this certificate in IE.

After you did this successfull (IE shows green check marks). You can connect
from OL2K using TLS.

Regards,
-- martin

Dipl.-Phys. Martin Konold

e r f r a k o n
Nobelstrasse 15, 70569 Stuttgart, Germany
fon: 0711 67400963, fax: 0711 67400959
email: martin.konold at erfrakon.de