Errors in installing the server

Shachar Shemesh kolab at shemesh.biz
Thu Jul 22 17:46:31 CEST 2004

Martin Konold wrote:

>Simply download everything and then run
>
>	./obmtool kolab
>
>Please report success/failure to this list.

Downloaded the latest (released yesterday) zfos binaries. running
"ombtool kolab" installs them ok. They wouldn't start without manually
editing "/kolab/etc/rc.conf" to say openpkg_rc_all="yes". A bug in the
setup?

In any case, I now have kolab up and running. Not everything is good,
however:

Mozilla on Linux - I managed to get both IMAP mail and LDAP working.
This is just to make sure that my setup does sort of work. Does kolab
have a personal address book area, where I can store my own addresses on
LDAP after being authenticated?

Outlook 2003 + toltec connector:
Here I am having more grief. First, IMAP doesn't work. I can get emails
using POP3, but not IMAP. It takes forever to say "downloading folders",
and then crashes. This is a problem for me.

LDAP doesn't work, or else I simply haven't managed to get it working. I
define it as per the docs, and don't tell it to log me in. Still, I
cannot pull names from it. Upon further investigation, I found out that
you need to restart Outlook 2003 in order to add LDAP servers to it. Of
course! When I try to search it, however, I get "Critical extension
missing" error.

I haven't found the "corporate mode" discussed in the toltec howto. I
have also found no trace of it in the Outlook 2003 help. What is it, and
am I missing something important here?

These are my current problems. I would much appreciate any help you can
render me.

                Shachar

--
Shachar Shemesh