install kolab under Mandrake10

Bo Thorsen bo at sonofthor.dk
Mon Jul 12 10:11:38 CEST 2004

On Monday 12 July 2004 10:00, Jean-Michel Dault wrote:
> Le lun 12/07/2004 à 02:56, Bo Thorsen a écrit :
> > kdepim 3.3 (aka current HEAD) on either kdelibs 3.2 or HEAD is what's
> > currently the best KDE client.
>
> OK, I'm *totally* lost...
>
> There are three things which I'm not sure are the same or not:
> - kdepim head
> - kontact
> - kolab client

A "Kolab client" is anything that works the way described in the Kolab concept
paper. Currently there are four known clients - the KDE client (*), the web
client, Outlook with a plugin, and Aethera.

The first implementation of a KDE client was the kroupware_branch kmail and
korganizer. Now kroupware_branch is not the best choice any longer, since
Kontact in kdepim HEAD is (IMHO) much better. And Kontact is by now more or
less equal to kdepim, since most kdepim applications have at least some
connection to Kontact.

> Is there a procedure to take either kde 3.2 or 3.3, and have knotes,
> korganizer store stuff in imap?

Yes, there is a file in kdepim README.Kolab that explains what should be set
up. There is also an Open Office document that describes all of the process.
This document is available in CVS, but we will publish it somehow soon.

And even though I keep telling Cornelius it's not required, I still would like
to have a wizard to make the setup at least easier than it is now.

Bo.

     Klaralvdalens Datakonsult  |   Denmark