Kolab client integration

Andreas Gungl Andreas.Gungl at osp-dd.de
Mon Jul 12 09:17:03 CEST 2004

On Monday 12 July 2004 08:45, Bo Thorsen wrote:
> On Friday 09 July 2004 20:35, Cornelius Schumacher wrote:
> > Nobody will be able to correctly set up the Kolab client functionality
> > without a wizard. This beast is much too complex. If you don't care
> > about usability you might say that it isn't essential, but that isn't
> > the way KDE usually works and it certainly is something you have to
> > integrate before you honestly can say that the Kolab client is _fully_
> > integrated.
>
> You really insist on insulting our work :-(

Come on, guys. Kontact is a good Kolab client (although I'm still using the
components standalone). I've been using KDEPIM HEAD since months, it's
usable and IMO much better than the Kroupware client.

Configuration _is_ a problem for non-technical people, but only an initial
one. Given that it's all but easy to setup a Kolab server, you anyway have
somebody being around to support you.

IMHO it's okay to point people to Kontact as the currently best (!) Kolab
client which is still not complete but usable. Even if there are things to
fix or to add, Kontact is doing a great job as Kolab client.

Regards,
Andreas