Aethera 1.1.0

Eugen Constantinescu kroupware at eco-spaces.com.ro
Fri Jul 9 15:37:00 CEST 2004

> when i try to edit the account, i can no longer use the aethera window.
> i can switch to the app, but not click ANY
> buttons.
> I can quit the app too, but not using the usual apple-q key
> combination, since you have mapped that to something else.

The problem seems to be to the account dialog.
The account edit dialog is a modal dialog and it gets all the events, that's why the rest of app doesn't answer.
I don't know why the account dialog doesn't show for you (I have to check the problem).

> > I don't know why sending isn't authenticating right especially because
> > you cannot edit the account (to check your user, password). May be the
> > output will show some reasons.
>
> "
>
> server: RMI call received: startSend(jb at jbit.dk)
> SMTPHandler::startSend(jb at jbit.dk)
> Scheduling 1 messages to send
> SMTPClient::startNextSend: Queue has 1 items
> SMTPClient::startNextSend: Host: 194.239.210.28
> SMTPClient::startNextSend: Port: 465
> SMTPClient::slotHostFound
> SSLDevice : ssl connect
> SMTPClient::slotConnected
> SMTPClient::slotReadyRead
> SMTPClient::writeLine(`EHLO jon.local')
> SMTPClient::slotReadyRead
> Auth Supports: `PLAIN'
> Auth Supports: `LOGIN'
> Using auth type: LOGIN
> SMTPClient::writeLine(`AUTH LOGIN')
> SMTPClient::slotReadyRead
> handleLoginChallenge() : `Username:'
> SMTPClient::writeLine(`amJAamJpdC5kawA=')
> SMTPClient::slotReadyRead
> handleLoginChallenge() : `Password:'
> SMTPClient::writeLine(`')
> SMTPClient::slotReadyRead
> SMTP: Auth. handler: 535 Error: authentication failed
>
> "
>
> probably a wrong password, but it doesnt ask me for the right one.
>

> JonB

Sure, you are right... just that Aethera doesn't ask for a new password if it's wrong :(. I will fix that.
But it should ask if it's empty.
Thanks,
Eug