install kolab under Mandrake10

Jean-Michel Dault jmdault at mandrakesoft.com
Thu Jul 8 17:49:51 CEST 2004

Le jeu 08/07/2004 à 09:34, DD a écrit :
> Standaard in Mandrake10 we can install Kolab with rpm.
> After installation when starting the server he says that he can not
> login to the server.
> Also when i start the groupware wizard (under drakwizard) i get a
> message that i must change my local domain name but it is changed.
> Does anyone installed it under Mandrake and how?

I'm the Kolab maintainer for Mandrake, but I haven't tried the wizard
(it was added afterwards).

However, to get it running manually, do the following (as root):
1) urpmi kolab-server
2) run /usr/sbin/kolab_boostrap -b
   - enter your hostname, then the domain for your e-mail
   - then choose a password for the manager account
3) service kolab-server start
4) Point your browser to https://localhost/kolab/
   You'll have to accept the SSL certificate, then enter the user
"manager", and the password you chose in step 2.

--
Jean-Michel Dault <jmdault at mandrakesoft.com>