Two simple questions :-)

Hamish lists at subvs.co.uk
Wed Dec 22 19:42:26 CET 2004

Stefan wrote:
> Hello List!
>
> Yesterday I installed the latest kolab2 snapshot. What do I have to do, to
> train my antispam system? I have no knowledge with this thing.
>
> TIA
>
> Stefan

Its quite easy - just point sa-learn at it... I have found the easiest
thing to do is to make a public folder called SPAM, get everyone to
subscribe, then get them to move all their spam to this folder. Every
day, run `/kolab/bin/sa-learn --spam /path/to/spam/dir/*` (i cannot
remember the exact path to the cyrus mails, but it is easy to find...)
You will get a message saying something like "learned from 987 messages
(990 scanned)". This has now updated the spam dbs. If you make a
mistake, or spamassassin is marking normal mail as spam, you can run
sa-learn with the switch "--ham" this teaches it that these mails are
not spam.
Hope that helps.