Running Mandrake 10.0 -> best way to install Kolab?

Scott Newton scottn at ihug.co.nz
Mon Dec 20 08:30:21 CET 2004

On Thursday, 16 December 2004 17:30, Scott Newton wrote:
> [1] At the moment I'm trying to get the Horde webclient working but I've
> stuffed something up in the process :-(

In fact I hadn't. The error I was getting was that I could not save any of the
configuration files ("This form has already been processed") when I was
trying to configure Horde. What it turned out to be was environment
variables.

On Mandrake the tmp directory for root is not /tmp, it's /root/tmp.
# env | grep tmp
TMPDIR=/root/tmp
GCONF_TMPDIR=/tmp
TMP=/root/tmp

As I was starting Kolab as root, this is what was being set as the temporary
directory in the apache and php sessions. The user kolab-n though doesn't
have permissions to write to that directory.

Changing TMP and TMPDIR to point to /tmp and then starting Kolab allowed me to
configure Horde.

--
Regards
Scott Newton