Running Mandrake 10.0 -> best way to install Kolab?

Tobias Weisserth tobias at weisserth.net
Fri Dec 17 19:45:43 CET 2004

Hi,

On Thu, 2004-12-16 at 17:30 +1300, Scott Newton wrote:

> From my own very limited experimenting with Kolab and Mandrake [1] I would
> recommend that you uninstall the kolab-server rpm and then make sure that the
> kolab user and group is removed before installing Kolab from the source
> rpm's. The Kolab install creates it's own kolab user and group (actually
> three - kolab, kolab-n and kolab-r).

Thanks for your opinion. I thought so already but I'm really reluctant
to set up another packaging system next to the Mandrake system since
this means running updates for two systems and keep one system from
interfering with the other. I don't really like the concept. Having
packages from Mandrake has the big advantage that you get updates from
one source only.

By sheer luck I found Mandrake's 10.1 PowerPack+ for 79,90€ today.
Normally it costs 199,90€. The shop confused the box with the normal
PowerPack I guess. I'm not to blame though since I asked about the
price and they confirmed this was the correct price. :-)

The PowerPack+ integrates Kolab 1.0 and according to the manuals it is
very easy to set up. Anybody interested in details when I'm finished?

regards,
Tobias W.

--
Tobias Weisserth