Server web-admin cannot authentificate problem

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Tue Dec 14 12:34:46 CET 2004

On Tuesday 14 December 2004 08:51, Emir Saric wrote:

> I tested /kolab/bin/openpkg rc all restart already,but it's the same.

Note: Usually you first need to stop everything with
rc all stop
and then check with ps an other means
that you do not have any hanging processes.
E.g. if you messed up your openldap database, slapd can hang.

> And now I think that the apache or the PHP can't connect to Ldap or over
> the port 389.
> And I already prob 'telnet localhost 389'.It done.

If you get an answer on localhost with telnet,
then ldap is running on that port.
Can you be sure that this is the ldap you want to run there. :)

> And now?!?!Can somebody help me?

You can also try to to check
/kolab/etc//kolab/kolab.conf

You need to have lines like:

fqdnhostname : your.full.server.dns
is_master : true
base_dn : dc=full,dc=server,dc=dns
bind_dn : cn=manager,cn=internal,dc=test,dc=hq
bind_pw : xxxxxxxx
bind_pw_hash : xxxxxxxx
ldap_uri : ldap://127.0.0.1:389
ldap_master_uri : ldap://127.0.0.1:389
php_dn : cn=nobody,cn=internal,dc=test,dc=hq
php_pw : yyyyyyyyy
and calendar user.

Check that /kolab/var/kolab/php/admin/include/session_vars.php
matches the values in kolab.conf.