dropping support for ftp in Kolab 2

Andreas Gungl Andreas.Gungl at osp-dd.de
Mon Dec 13 08:19:09 CET 2004

Am Sonntag, 12. Dezember 2004 22:30 schrieb Martin Konold:
> As we don't require(*) the old ftp upload via ftp feature not anymore
> with Kolab 2 I am seriously considering to remove ftp supprt from Kolab
> 2.
>
> Any opinions welcome!
>
> (*) Kolab 2 is able to create the fb lists on demand on the server.

Uploading is not needed anymore IMHO. But what about downloading via the
legacy FTP mechanism used in Kolab1? I have OL 2K clients which seem to
have problems with authenticated HTML downloads of the FB data. I.e. if I
use a FTP URL like ftp://user:passwd@server/path , the clients can access
the server. Using html://user:passwd@server/path OL can't access that
information although using exactly the same URL in IE gives a passwd dialog
and downloads the data.
Well, the mess in on M$ side. But what's the solution to handle that problem
with Kolab 2?

Best regards,
Andreas