New Kolab 1 package

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Mon Dec 13 03:51:00 CET 2004

Hi,

I just created a new Kolab 1 source rpm which addresses the problem described
here:

http://www.erfrakon.de/projects/kolab/download/kolab-server-1.0/src/kolab-1.0-1.0.25.src.rpm

In addition it now provides a kolabpasswd command which allows to change the
manager password reliably.

Last but not least some minor security improvements got added:
- improved porposal for initial manager password (more entropy)
- proper hash pw support for slapd

I am very much looking forward to feedback from users of Kolab 1.

Instructions:
wget \
http://www.erfrakon.de/projects/kolab/download/kolab-server-1.0/src/kolab-1.0-1.0.25.src.rpm
/kolab/bin/rpm --rebuild kolab-1.0-1.0.25.src.rpm
/kolab/bin/rpm -Uhv kolab-1.0-1.0.25.......

/kolab/etc/rc.d/rc.kolab restart

Regards,
-- martin

President next year."  -- Wally O'Dell - CEO of Diebold, Inc.
e r f r a k o n