cron

Marek Lindner lindner_marek at yahoo.de
Sun Dec 12 10:44:41 CET 2004

Hamish wrote:

> I didnt think of that, but checking the logs, it is already running
> like this - it seems to default to 00:00:00 daily:
>
> ClamAV update process started at Sat Dec 11 00:00:05 2004
> main.cvd is up to date (version: 28, sigs: 26630, f-level: 3, builder:
> tomek)
> daily.cvd updated (version: 625, sigs: 1547, f-level: 3, builder: tkojm)
> Database updated (28177 signatures) from database.clamav.net
> (213.184.16.3).
> Clamd successfully notified about the update.
>
> I cant see any way of changing that time, but it ok as it is (it might
> be nice to randomise the time a bit so that database.clamav.net does
> not get pounded at midnight every night by everyone)

Check if your freshclam.conf contains an entry like this:

# Check for new database 24 times a day
Checks 24

If you don't have this file then cron is probably doing the job for you.
Check your crontabs.

> Don't suppose there is any way of running spamassasin like that? (set
> a watched directory and have it update every x hours) ;)

Sorry, can't help here.
I don't use the autolearn feature as I think there are to many drawbacks.

Regards,
Marek