mapping single addresses

Bradley M Alexander storm at tux.org
Fri Dec 10 16:21:59 CET 2004

On Thu, Dec 09, 2004 at 11:24:18PM -0500, Bradley Alexander wrote:
> I am having a problem since upgrading to 20041122 then 20041201. Ever since
> doing this, mail to this address (storm at tux.org), which I have coming to my
> kolab server on mekong.example.com, for example, has stopped working.
>
> Dec 09 23:08:48 mekong <info> postfix/smtp[9672]: 8366416D67:
> to=<storm at example.com>, orig_to=<storm at tux.org>, relay=none, delay=0,
> status=bounced (mail for mekong loops back to myself)
>
> I don't want to set up the entire tux.org domain to point back to my
> mailserver, just the one address, which means adding it to $mydestination is
> probably not an option. How canI get rid of the mail loop?

Okay, I have done some further experimentation. First of all, all domains
which I answer for, e.g. foo.example.org, foo.example.net, foo.bar.org are
giving me the mail loop. The first thing I checked was that these were all
in the mydestination field of /kolab/etc/postfix/main.cf

mydestination = $mydomain foo.example.org foo.example.net foo.bar.net
$myhostname localhost.$mydomain mekong localhost.localdomain

I also checked the storm at tux.org address using postmap -q, and it gave me
the local server, as it should...So I don't know why else it would be
giving me a mail loop...

Can someone please help me track this down?

Thanks.
--Brad