missing users

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Thu Dec 9 12:56:56 CET 2004

On Wednesday 08 December 2004 12:37, inverse wrote:
> Thanks for a great job.

In light of the bug that you describe below, I wonder if this was meant
ironic? ;-)

> I recently installed kolab2 on mandrake 10.0 and
> all went smoothly. I created all the users (about 80) and i discovered
> to my amazement that some users cant log in and as soon as i check the
> user list, i dont find it and whats more, if i try to create the user
> again, it says the user exists.. i don't know what is going on. Any
> sugestion will do.

First check what actually is in your ldap tree using
/kolab/sbin/slapcat

Then check what mailboxes got created:
Look in /kolab/var/imapd/spool/domain/your.domain/user/

Next enable debuggin in kolab.conf log_level 4
Restart kolabd:
/kolab/bin/openpkg rc kolab stop
/kolab/bin/openpkg rc kolab start

and watch /var/log/syslog
this should give you a better idea about what is going on.