missing users

Andreas Gungl Andreas.Gungl at osp-dd.de
Thu Dec 9 08:46:09 CET 2004

Am Donnerstag 09 Dezember 2004 08:32 schrieb Stephan Buys:
> We have also had this behaviour reported, although I'm not sure how to
> reproduce it...

Perhaps this can help as a hint:
I "monitored" the content of an IMAP folder, i.e. my CWD was within the Cyrus
directory structure holding the messages for a certain user. I deleted that
user in parallel via the admin web frontend.
The user disappeared from the list. I had also closed my monitoring session.

Later I wanted to re-create that user. It was fine in the admin frontend and
in LDAP. However, in Cyrus IMAP nothing happend. I traced it down to having a
mailbox for that user existing all over the time which IMO made the
re-creation fail.

So the normal structure was: INBOX->OSS->Kolab
But in that critical moment there was only OSS->Kolab - I verified with cyradm
(lm command). After manually removing that folder in cyradm, everything was
fine again and the re-creation worked as expected.

Regards,
Andreas